Saturday 17 September 2016

Trust your instincts




My blog posts are written from the heart. They are honest, based upon my life experiences, my observations and my instincts. For years, I was deceived into believing my instincts were so wrong that I never trusted myself. I was paranoid I had something wrong with me because I was duped into believing I was totally wrong based on people lying. NOT ANYMORE. Now I know I was right all along. What's more telling is when you write honestly and it provokes an over the top, cynical and silly reaction – only proving my instincts and observations were right all, the comments now serve as a boost to my self-confidence. As I've said on so many occasions, if you cut someone out of your life and they don't leave a gaping hole, they should never have been there in the first place. They do say, however, people are either a blessing or a lesson.

This article is well worth a read. Click here

Thursday evening was bizarre and surreal, a real light bulb moment. The storyline of Tracey in Emmerdale being made to feel worthless in childhood, affecting her adulthood decisions, really struck a chord. One of those 'stopped in your tracks' moment. Then, I watched BBC Question Time and witnessed the most horrific, despicable bullying and a vicious, sustained attack on a decent man. What made it much worse was, it was orchestrated. The winks, nudges and nods from Dimbleby, Soubry and Campbell reminded me of why our politicians are no longer trusted. The masonic cult within our hierarchy was on display for everyone to see. It was truly appalling and if I'm totally honest, heart breaking. To see a Labour man, claiming to love the party and want to save it, side with a Bullingdon Boy and a Tory MP summarised how far the Labour Party has lost its true values, the values I have instilled in my children – justice, fairness, equality and above all else, tolerance!

No BULLYING or ABUSE can ever be tolerated. We have laws to deal with them – take the accusations to the police and let them investigate them. That is the adult thing to do.
Throwing accusations without physical evidence diminishes the bullying and abuse victims suffer daily. Campbell, in my view, brought the party into disrepute and should be suspended pending a full investigation. He is not even an elected Member of Parliament and therefore only represents his own views, like I do.

Having said all that, judging from the reaction on social media, the stunt has spectacularly backfired. These people really need to stop insulting our intelligence. They need to remember you cannot hide who you really are. Eventually, you show your true colours. Jeremy and John have selflessly worked in public service without corruption!! Let's face it, we knew after a successful PMQs, the smearers were going to up their game. Only this is not a game – people depend on us to help make their lives better. I'm disgusted and demoralised with grown up adults behaving so badly in the public domain. Just ask yourselves:
  1. What must the world think of our lying politicians?
  2. How can we ever think we can have global credibility when our elected members behave worse than children?
  3. How can Owen Smith ever be electable or taken seriously when he will NOT accept a democratic decision unless it provides the result he wants.
  4. Even worse for me, how can Labour ever be taken seriously to fight against the world's evil dictators and advocate democracy, when the party refuses to accept democratic results.
  5. Everyone knows I wanted to stay within the EU and I did try and persuade people the politicians were lying but the democratic result has been delivered. Instead of fighting this decision, how about we pass urgent legislation prevented elected members lying or deceiving the public with disqualification of office if proven correct?
I know Jeremy Corbyn is not the messiah or perfect but he has proven over thirty years, he is incorruptible and that, in itself, is an invaluable and rare commodity in this day and age.  I genuinely believe the majority of people will vote for policies that make their lives easier and not because the policies are right or left wing. The Westminster bubble need bursting with the Corbyn pin. 

Sheffield Eagles

Unfortunately the professional club that gave Wes his chance in rugby league is struggling and may not survive after this month. You can read the full story on their website 

If you can please donate to their survival fund and share the link for the gofundme page amongst your friends. 

 

FamilyTime


We've been venturing out on family walks after school. Well, Lucas has been chasing Pokemon and as he is not allowed unaccompanied, we've been out with the football. It is great family time together and, quite often, Lucas ditches the Pokemon to play football with us.   

This week we went to Roundhay Park instead of our usual haunt, Temple Newsam. It was Eid and the park was buzzing with Muslim families celebrating together. It made me realise how lucky we are to live in a diverse, vibrant and mostly tolerant city. Lucas wanted to gatecrash the barbecues. Instead, he decided to turn his hand to photography. These are his photos and he's definitely uncovered a hidden talent.




Scriptwriting


Jimmy McGovern is, without doubt, one of my writing heroes. This week I was reading about his own life which inspired me not to give up writing or my principles. His writing is always honest and takes you through a whole range of emotions during one piece. It's remarkable.

I am trialing the software First Draft this month. Previously I have used open source software and devised my own beat sheet and character sheets. These are incorporated into the system. So, far I like it. I'll let you know how I get on.

The Nanny


This is my main project. I toned it down but I've decided not to and stick to my own beliefs which means it's an explosive, hopefully, thought provoking piece. 










Right, I'm off to do some writing while the boys are doing their own thing. Later, we'll be going out to enjoy the last days of the September sun. Have a fabulous weekend. Next week, Wes and I start our University courses – I do hope Leeds Beckett know what they're letting themselves in for.

Much love


No comments:

Post a Comment