Sunday 24 April 2016

Never, ever underestimate the power of positive words



Sometimes it only takes one positive word of encouragement to provoke a light bulb moment; a moment of total inspiration.

Yesterday, I accompanied Wes, at his request, to his applicant's day at Leeds Beckett University. I love the university – its buildings, its atmosphere, its history and it was my road to freedom after Meniere's robbed me of my career. The course tutor reminded me of the reasons why I am writing now. It was such a tonic and all I needed to spur me on to keep going. Never, ever underestimate the power of your words!

Wes is so ready for university and the course is perfect for him, combining sport with social justice, history and politics. I'm jealous – it sounds fascinating. I am incredibly proud of the gentleman he has turned into and my children will be my greatest legacy. He just has his 'A' levels to pass now – 'just' as if it is a simple task! I have total faith he will do well…I can't think where he gets his motivation from.

Any of my UK followers willing for the 24th June? I AM. The EU referendum is utterly and totally doing my head in. I am so ashamed of the rubbish being spouted especially when it comes to race. The elitist and supreme attitude of some is astounding. It's laughable Obama is being slated for having an opinion. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t. All I would say is if he had backed Brexit, I'm damn sure the 'IN' campaign would not have stooped so low as to question his heritage and bring race into the argument. It is absolute arrogance to think, if we leave the EU, all other countries will drop all their current plans and schedules, to sort out urgent deals with the UK. Why would anyone assume, if we decide to isolate ourselves, other countries will bend over backwards to re-negotiate with us. As with everything with the EU referendum, Obama's stance has been blown totally out of proportion by the very media who would benefit from an EU exit.

What worries me more, is the blatant, open racism being spouted by Johnson, also by Cameron in relation to the Mayoral elections. To stoop that low only suggests they are very, desperate, despicable men – and I use the term 'men' loosely. The dark, dark ages of inequality scares me enormously.

Right, work wise, I've been busy…

Streetwise


After my uplifting visit, I came home and spent all night and today, re-writing/editing this screenplay. Now…it IS finished. I am 99.9% happy with it – there's always room for improvement. No one is perfect! Tomorrow, I am putting the finishing touches to the Treatment, then off it goes… another child cast away into the big, bad world.

 

The Nanny

This is my next major project and then after that, Twin Lies – but that's for another day. The Nanny is progressing well. The plan is complete and I am currently researching the Troubles in Northern Ireland – this forms the back drop to this thriller. I'm having great fun formulating all the main characters and their mannerisms. 

Beyond the Past


Have you had the chance to read it yet? 

Would you like to review it for me? 

Read the first three chapters FREE on my website
Available from:
Pegasus Publishers
Amazon UK
Kindle
Amazon US
Or you can order from your local bookshop. 
The ISBN number is : 978-1-84386-789-0

PhD


I'm still waiting to hear about my PhD. Patience is a virtue or so they say! I have a few alternative plans to explore but I WILL be back at Uni soon. My determination has not let me down so far.

Right, I'm off. It's Sunday afternoon, which means uniforms need ironing. There is absolutely no chance of me not having my feet on the ground.






Have a fabulous week. Stay safe but be brave.



No comments:

Post a Comment