Sunday 13 September 2015

My 100th POST!!




Wow! Where do I start this week? We have a new Labour Leader that to coin a Yorkshire saying ‘will put the cat amongst the pigeons’ – I love cats and dislike pigeons or as my Dad used to call them ‘flying rats’! Quite apt really.

So, this is my 100th post. Who would have thought it? Not me, that’s for sure. I thought no one would be interested, let alone read my ramblings but here I am! One hundred posts, hundreds of positive comments, over 26,000 views and some great online friendships. Thank you to each and every one of you for keeping me sane – well, trying anyway!

No one’s life is perfect but we do ALL have lots to be thankful of. I know I am thankful for two great boys, my independence and my brain – well, the latter when it wants to work.

After the popularity and support of last week’s blog I have made a momentous decision to live the rest of my life with the right people and not looking back, holding onto people who don’t truly love me and want me to fall at every obstacle that is put in my way. Guess what? I don’t feel lonely or scared. I think I have to admit here that my ex-husband was right all along – jeez that was HARD to say! Now, I feel liberated and free. 

It is really strange how, no matter what life throws at you, some feelings re-surface even after thirty plus years of getting on with life. I met someone recently that I haven’t seen for many, many years but the minute I was there in their presence I knew I was in the right place with the right people.  I was nervous but happy. It was a very strange and surreal moment. The challenge now is fitting in another element of life around the boys, writing, Menieres and Sheffield. Where there’s a will, there’s a way!

One thing I have learnt this weekend is never, ever underestimate the power of your voice as a human being. We are a powerful source and have the ability to change even the most stubborn of establishments if we choose to do it together. I read today that Labour are now a threat to national security because Labour ‘would break a valuable consensus between the main parties on issues such as nationalisation, nuclear weapons, taxation and union laws.’ When was this general consensus agreed? We were all right after all – they were all the same at the last election. It is extremely dangerous in a democracy for a government to call the opposition 'a national security threat' especially when we fight against the tyranny of dictatorships.

Whatever your allegiance in politics, you have to admit having someone who will stand up and question the decisions of the country’s politicians has to be a good thing for the whole country. No longer is there a free loading seat in the ivory tower. 

Labour have to now be a HUGE opposition party holding all the Tory's terrible policies to account and exposing all the lies! That is how credibility is built. Bring it on, that’s what I say.

BACK TO THE DAY JOB…

It’s been a very busy week. 

THE NANNY


I have started writing the script to the Nanny in between some very valuable research as I want to do the subject justice. I can't believe I started writing this piece of work then the NI Assembly appears in the news headlines. Talk about timing...

“Sometimes the past cannot be laid to rest without direct intervention. John and Martha O’Grady were victims of the conflict in Ireland. They may have survived but witnessing the death of their parents and grandparents at the hands of the IRA had left indelible horror on their young minds. Orphaned, they were split up. Martha was sent to a convent and John adopted and moved to Manchester.
Thirty years on they are about to be reunited only to find the horrors of their past re-appear with potentially fatal consequences.”

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! Can you tell I’m a little excited about this piece of work?
It is such an incredibly powerful subject so close to my heart. Watch this space…


STREETWISE


No update as yet – it is still with the first production company. Hopefully I will hear something soon and you will be the first to know …but only if you follow me on social media. Please let it be soon and be positive. I need a break from financial destitution!



The story is set in Leeds (surprise, surprise!) and tells the tale of fate bringing people together under extraordinary circumstances:

            Life’s path can change in the blink of an eye or the detonation of a bomb. Rob Kennedy should have been planning a wedding not a funeral. Consumed with guilt and grief, suicide seemed his only escape from his perpetual nightmare until a single act of kindness by a real life guardian angel, saves him from himself.
Twelve months on, unable to trace each other, Rob and Kate’s paths are about to cross once more in extraordinarily circumstances.”


BEYOND THE PAST



Following some expert advice, I have decided to turn this into a script. Next project after editing the sequel, the Nanny and writing blogs – no pressure like!






Have you had the chance to read it yet? Would you like to review it for me?

Read the first three chapters FREE on my website
Available from:
Pegasus Publishers
Amazon UK
Kindle
Amazon US
Or you can order from your local bookshop. The ISBN number is : 978-1-84386-789-0



Well, I’m off now to write The Nanny before I go to watch Lucas play his first Under 10s football match – this year he can get fined for red and yellow cards so he has been warned…oh and his Dad will be paying the fines!!

Have a brilliant week. It will certainly be an interesting one…









No comments:

Post a Comment