Sunday 9 February 2014

Now I am actually a published author

It's been a strange couple of weeks since the publication of my book. I purposely organised a number of events for the launch day so that it did not pass by as a 'normal' day. I am sure every new author will agree with me when I say it's a bit of damp squib! You build yourself up for this momentus day and, yes nothing new happens!

BUT, as with everything I seem to do in my life now, I made it happen. I wasn't going to let the day pass me by. I'd worked too hard, literally shed lots of tears and was going to celebrate the day...working, doing what I love to do.

Phil and Ros Caplan own Philip Howards Books Limited on Street Lane in Leeds. It is a quaint treasure trove filled with books from a wide range of genre. My particular favourites are of course to do with rugby league, expecially such legends as Eddie Waring! I presented Ros with a personal copy and received a warm welcome as anyone does when they visit the shop.Trust me if you love books and browsing, this is the place to be.

In the afternoon I had the great pleasure of delivering a signed book to my very first competition winner at the Old Swan Hotel in Harrogate.

Coincidentally the hotel hosts the annual Theakston's Old Peculiar Crime Writing Festival - this year 17 -20 July 2014.


 
Gemma Risebero is the Sales Manager of this stunningly beautiful hotel, certainly a place Mark and Annie may visit in the sequel - watch this space!


Congratulations Gemma. Good luck with all your events you have planned this year.



I have been overwhelmed with the positive responses I have had. Thank you for all those who have taken the time to let me know how much you have enjoyed the book - it really does mean alot. It also means I have to crack on with the sequel now. For those asking, I have thirteen chapters completed. So watch this space....

No comments:

Post a Comment