Sunday 16 February 2014

Feeling the love right now...

I'm a true romantic but don't believe in it being saved for one day out of the year. Having said that, this year I did have the best St Valentine's Day and I'm single!!

The day started with a bundle of presents and a card from my two boys, a thank you for all that I do for them.  They melt my heart and I know I have brought them up to love and respect the women in their lives, which is such a valuable lesson for boys and one we do take for granted.

On Tuesday, when I met the Lord Mayor of Wetherby I took my youngest with me. I am a strong believer in leading by example and demonstrating that hard work pays off but equally it's important for them to see the rewards that come from the hard work. He was over the moon that I had included him in a piece of my work. It just shows that little gestures go a long way.


Rugbyleague. paper.li mentioned my work again this month. It is so humbling and exciting to be mentioned along side such rugby league royalty.









*

Then, Friday, Valentine's Day: Beyond the Past received a tweet from Book Viral and that capped off such a fabulous week for the book.








*

In addition to all this my facebook page figures have been very impressive: 46 new likes up 557.1%. People engaged up 145% & Total weekly reach 36%. Thank you everyone! 

All in all it has been a great week. Yesterday I completed another short story for the Mslexia women's short story competition. It's always nice to hear a reader say  'is that it? I want more.' As a writer that is all you can ask for.

Beyond the Past is available from Pegasus Publishing, Amazon or major book retailers. All the links are available on my website. You can also read the first three chapters FREE on my website.

Very best wishes





www.pamcharles.com
twitter: @beyondthepast1


No comments:

Post a Comment